Incredible mountain views and rustic winding roads through the Himalayan terrain set the backdrop for this incredible Royal LePage Shelter Foundation Fundraiser.
The riders conquered three of the highest mountain passes in the world!
The Benchmark team had the following thoughts;
- The locals were accommodating and always wanted pictures with us Canadians; it was like we were rock stars!
- Our Royal LePage Family was a wonderful group to hang out with for a couple of weeks.
- The tour guides were a lot of fun and treated us exceptionally well.
- Nine days on the bikes, over 1200 Kilometers and four days at elevations between 13000 and 18000 ft.
- The ride was difficult due to dangerous road conditions, generally going about 40km/h to 50 km/h.
- Running over a fellow rider’s foot in a hairpin turn never feels good. (We’ll let you vote on which rider did this!)
- The views were breathtaking!
- We crossed through cities, villages and vast countryside, riding motorcycles for 13 days straight on some of the most chaotic roads in the world. There were accidents, injuries and a lot of near misses.
- We rode among many people, cars, trucks, military convoys, commercial convoys, Tibetan road workers and many cows.
- Roads were barely one lane wide with traffic going in both directions. Our motorcycles would have to overtake vehicles that were squeezing by one another.
- Visiting Pangong Lake, the highest saltwater lake in the world, was breathtaking!
- Military bases, 1k to Pakistan, 1k to China and Tibet
View our interactive Google Map, showing the route the riders took!
Contact a Fully-licensed Real Estate Agent
Looking for an experienced REALTOR® who specializes in real estate across Calgary? At Royal LePage Benchmark we are here to help you.