The bi-annual RPR® (Realtors Property Resource®), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the National Association of REALTORS®, recently published the results of its December 2021 Social Media and Digital Marketing Survey. The report surveyed over 1,200 REALTORS® who use digital or social media in their marketing efforts. These findings may prove interesting to Calgary Real Estate Agents developing their marketing plans in 2022.
REALTORS® Social Media Marketing usage has changed quite drastically over the past 4 years.
Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter usage declines for real estate marketing as Real Estate Agents move to Instagram and TikTok
Social Media changes in Real Estate Marketing:
- Facebook usage has decreased from 94% in 2017 to 78% in 2021
- Instagram saw the most growth moving from the #5 spot in 2017 (30%) to #2 in 2021 (50%).
- Usage of LinkedIn has dropped from 58% to 26% in 2021. The social network dropped from the #2 spot to #3, being surpassed by Instagram.
- YouTube usage remained steady from 22% in 2017, 22% in 2019, and 19% in 2021.
- Twitter has nearly dropped off the list! Usage went from 30% in 2017 to 6% in 2021!
- TikTok, the new society on the block, is now at 6.5% usage in 2021 and growing.
Real Estate Agents are using more videos in their marketing
The sites have changed, and the medium is changing as well. In 2017 21% of respondents used video on their social media. In 2021, that number has jumped to over 30%. This finding suggests that video posts are simply more interesting and engaging than photos or static graphics!
About the Author – Mike Wrobel, VP Agent Services
Mike Wrobel is the VP of Agent Services with Royal LePage Benchmark with a focus on helping agents gain the greatest benefits from the tools and services at their disposal. Whether it’s running Google Ads for Real Estate, Creating a Facebook real estate update page, or getting the most out of rlpSPHERE/kvCORE. Mike works every day to help agents achieve their success!
Looking to start a career in Calgary Real Estate?
At Royal LePage Benchmark we offer a challenging and dynamic Calgary real estate career for individuals with strong interpersonal skills and good business savvy.
Contact a Fully-licensed Real Estate Agent
Looking for an experienced REALTOR® who specializes in real estate across Calgary? At Royal LePage Benchmark we are here to help you.